Status Media Design
How do we want to display media attachments in statuses?
Some specs/requirements/questions for design to think about
- Any and all media can not have its height depend on the size of the image for technical reasons (browsers can't calculate the layout before the image has loaded, which results in a jump in scroll position when an image loads above the viewport), the media can have different heights depending on the number of attachments though, as that can be calculated before the images load.
- We can have multiple types of media, images, videos, audio, and other files that can't be displayed in a browser (basically anything, just downloads at that point)
- We can have pretty much any number of media in a status, but we can choose to hide previews on timeline after some number
- We want to have a mode/setting where media is not loaded or shown on timeline (think someone wanting to save data or browsing in a public place), but it should still be possible for user to view it, should it still use the same layout just with dummy placeholders?
- Media can be marked as sensitive so it shouldn't be shown on timeline without user wanting to see it
- We want to have a basic "viewer" modal for images at least like in pleroma-fe
- Do we want the viewer to be basic or more fully featured? (needs design too)
- Do we want to play back videos on timeline or in a modal like images?
- Is the layout of media the same on mobile and desktop?
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS. More information