After merging in v2 themes, reverting back to v1 will cause PleromaFE to be stuck on white screen if user had non-empty non-v1 configuration. Only workaround is to clear IndexedDB in browser, but that will remove ALL customizations, including user highlighting. !380 fixes that for
- In-depth customization of many aspects of theme.
- Keeping the simplicity of current pleroma-fe themes, as well as maintaining backwards compatibility with it.
- Bringing in some convenience features and fixes, like being able to have dark foreground color in a light theme and contrast text in notifications counter.
- Helpful contrast indicator to help making themes accessible.
- keep checkboxes do not actually affect theme export despite what help text says
- "post text" in preview, along with monospace, fix input field using wrong text.
- bottom bar ('load more') - check link color.
- Reset button doesn't reset everything when v1 theme is in the localstorage.
- Some sort of bug related to user profile about input field not appearing after transition
- user profiles are FUCKED
Stuff done/need fixing
- fix tab-switcher because it causes me a great mental distress
- Per-component (?) color customization
- Opacity controls where it matters
- Panda theme support (dark panel headers on light themes)
- Auto-fixes for badly colored notifications counter
- Basic function
- Hints explaining if contrast is good or bad, localization
Better notifications unseen indicator
- Basic function
- Should be on a separate layer, on top of status, not below
Drop-shadow adjustment support
- Fix fallback not working when switching components
- Fix tab-switcher to properly put border below inactive tabs
- Adjustments control
- Better styles/unification with other controls
Replace buttons/inputs/navbar shadows with generated ones
Somehow make it possible to use inset shadows on panels (header overlaps the
.panelso inset shadows gets hidden)
- Remove borders on buttons?
- Somehow make it possible to use inset shadows on panels (header overlaps the
- Fix button fallback (non-css-var) not having borders
- Improved preview window showcasing more elements
- v2 admin presets/some v2 themes
- Localization strings
- Fix layout
- Consistency with "override" checkbox like in advanced colors
- rgbo section needs minor layout fix or something
- One that resets ALL settings to currently active theme/colors
- One for each category that unchecks all "override" checkboxes
- Checkboxes for partially loading theme/preset (i.e. make it only import colors but not affect roundness/shadows)
monospace/custom selector for inputs, posts, and everything else.
- Future-proof it so that it would be possible add more styles in-between. (server-provided fonts?)
- "Custom" enables an input field to enter font-family name.
- some help text for shadows
- fix UI really not liking illegal/null inputs
- improve bundling v2 themes - allow using external files somehow
transition from v1 localstorage doesn't cause issues
- roundness settings are lost (name changes)
- loading v1 user preset works
- loading v2 user preset works
- loading v1 instance preset works
loading v2 instance preset works
- there's one issue that v1 themes and v2 themes that lack some definitions do not reset stuff like shadows. see note 1
- clean-loading (no localstorage) doesn't cause issues
- Top bar is entirely broken but that's not related to this MR, it's been broken for a while, apparently.
- Most checkboxes in customization do not work at all. No errors in console, no warning. They just don't work. I blame Vue and/or Edge.
- Oh and IE11 still doesn't work.
- no major issues, no major differences between v1 and v2 generated colors
- Picking something like Redmond XX theme and then switching to pleroma-dark would keep the win9x reliefs. This might be of annoyance, and checkboxes to keep/reset some settings might help.