Stories - Highlighted ephemeral posts
"Stories" are a way to post highlighted ephemeral posts, usually with a picture or more, or a video. These are often used to post about something interesting that happened that day, that you want to highlight to your followers.
The most important implementation is in Instagram, but many other social media platforms implement the same feature and usually also call it "Story". The feature originated in Snapchat.
- Ephemeral, deletes after 24 hours.
- Attachments are the most important part of the post.
- Stories are displayed similarly to pinned posts, in a preferred way, so that followers are more likely to see them.
- Generally, when displaying them, the photos that are part of a story are displayed like an automatic slideshow, so that you can 'watch' a story.
- Should use a new Story:litepub type. While it can be somewhat emulated with pinned posts, unlisted + expiration, it really is a different usecase than normal posts and should be treated as such.
- Pleroma-Api should be extended to support creating Stories and to get the Stories of your friends, possibly together with Mastodon to coordinate changes.
- Stories should keep track if a user has viewed them or not.
- Maybe out of scope for PleromaFE altogether?
- Stories work best in a mobile context.
- Otherwise see 'general behavior' above.