Pleroma users (admin & ordinary) cannot change password via pleroma-fe (API 400/Bad Request)
- pleroma 2.4.0-516-gdc63aaf8 (OTP), pulled today via
curl "https://git.pleroma.social/api/v4/projects/2/jobs/artifacts/stable/download?job=amd64" -o pleroma_amd64.zip
- OS: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS (64-bit)
- Browser: firefox 90.0.2 (64-bit) for Ubuntu canonical 1.0
- Install looks fine. Access with browser looks fine.
- Admin new user via CLI and login via browser, no problem.
- New user (non-admin) creation via pleroma-fe, no problem.
- Neither admin nor ordinary user can use pleroma-fe to change password.
- The issue is the same whether using AdminFE or not.
What I see
- POST is made to
/api/pleroma/change_passwordwith response 400 / Bad Request.
- UI indicates each of
- Request does contain form-data; name="password" "new_password" and "new_password_confirmation" data is present as entered in the form.
- Response contains an error object indicating the missing data, as well as a list of three items, one for each field, indicating pointers
What I expect
- Successful password change and confirmation.
I searched "password" on both pleroma & pleroma-fe gitlab for "password" without any luck. I posted the issue to #pleroma @ libera.chat today without response. Raising the issue here as a result.
I've successfully installed have been using a single-user pleroma instance for several months, so I haven't had cause to detect when this issue may have appeared. I spotted this running some tests for a new potentially multi-user install.
How can I help?