Remove `with_move` parameter
We added the
move notification type and also just added the
When we added the
move notification, we made the endpoint only return it when a
with_move parameter was added so that clients don't die because they encounter an unknown message.
After adding the emoji reactions, I wanted to test the clients to see if it is really necessary to do this. In general, all clients should just ignore notifications they do not know. Mastodon has, in the past, added new notification types without any kind of opt-in.
I tested the following clients with notification types they do not understand:
- PleromaFE (ignores the notification)
- MastoFE (ignores the notification)
- Fedilab (ignores the notification)
- Asap (ignores the notification)
- Tusky (displays the notification, but as a small empty card)
- SubwayTooter (displays the notification as 'unknown notification')
- AndStatus (no idea if it even displays them, but nothing breaks)
- Fedi (Stops displaying notifications after the first unknown one. Dev has been contacted and fix should come soon)
Seeing these results, I propose the remove the opt-in so that we won't have a situation in the future where we have to pass several different opt-ins to endpoints in the future.