Freenode → Libera.chat
I think we got some rough consensus that staying on Freenode isn't a good idea and that Libera.Chat is the one that will work out for us.
- I've asked for registration of the #pleroma-* namespace on Libera.Chat, kline confirmed it
- When should we do the move, do we wait for the matrix bridge ( https://github.com/matrix-org/matrix-appservice-irc/issues/1324 ) or something like unmanageable spam to happen?
- Do we put in the announcement/blog post about it? What do we put in it? Here is some material:
- A quite complete explaination: https://gist.github.com/joepie91/df80d8d36cd9d1bde46ba018af497409
- Gentoo Summary email: https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/dc11efe2affb81c3dacd74e4f1ecf8b9
- Alpine announce: https://alpinelinux.org/posts/Switching-to-OFTC.html
- Example from SourceHut: https://sourcehut.org/blog/2021-05-19-liberachat/
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information