2.1.1 Issues on New-User Registration
Pleroma 2.1.1, Source
I've noticed this a couple of times ever since upgrading to 2.1, I'd have multiple users registered.
In fact I experienced the same thing. The problem is with the captcha. I'm using the built-in captcha but you fill in the captcha correctly and Pleroma tells you your captcha entry was incorrect.
You try again. You get the same error. Only I think what's actually happening is that first error is a mistake and your account actually does get registered. But it's not clear to the user.
(It happened to me.)
So what users are doing is signing up multiple times because they think there was a problem in their initial signups.
And I see this:
I tried to find the relevant entries in the syslog but couldn't. (No "captcha" - case insensitive results returned; also tried searching for various parts of the username to at least get a time-reference for when they registered. Nothing.)
So I'm attaching the whole log file here.
I'm marking this issue as confidential because I don't know if there's anything confidential in the logs. If there are not, then please un-mark this issue as confidential.
Deleted entire syslog attachment -- ask @feld for a copy if you need it